In January 2016, the residents of Flint, Michigan, came to the damning realization that the tap water they were consuming had abnormal levels of lead as well as heightened levels of iron which subsequently made the water brown in color.
The effects of drinking this water were seen in some of their children who began experiencing abnormal rashes and even hair loss. What’s more, most residents were now experiencing lead-poisoning which has been known to have long term effects on overall health including reduced IQ levels.
The situation in Flint is a reflection of just how dangerous drinking tap water can be to one’s health and well-being.
After all, it is quite common to find tap water that has harmful levels of impurities like E.coli bacteria, radon, lead and chloroform among others.… Read More